Sealing and maintenance
"Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it." Michelangelo
The new marble should always be sealed with a penetrating sealer to help prevent the appearance of scratches and cracks.
The natural stone restoration for old marble flooring includes:
- Natural stone restoring with machine;
- Natural stone surface cleaning;
- Final sealing;
For better effect, we recomend repeating the process of sealing in old marble, at least twice per year. This constructs the protection that is necessary for preventing damages to your marble flooring. Routine natural rock restoration includes drying with a clean cloth and washing marble surfaces with lukewarm water. We'll use commercial cleansers to polish marble surfaces if the damage is minimal.
Marble can be worn of heartburn. For excessively worn and badly distressed marble flooring professional polishing will be needed. Our professionals understand just how to use it correctly and have the essential equipment marble work.
At the begining the marble is polished and it is hardly stained unless the porous construction are sealed. It should be wiped up as soon as possible, although marble is a rock that readily gets filthy, so if you spill something on it. Because they could leave hints additionally avoid leaving glasses without stands on a marble surface.
There are different types of stains that can affect the marble:
- Organic stains like tea or coffee - these areas should be soaked with a mixture of 20% peroxide and couple of drops of ammonia;
- Oil-based stains - they need attention shortly after the time of pollution..
- Rust from a metal object such as a lamp or metal container;
- Acid stains, for example citrus juices or carbonated beverages - the surface can darken and obscure quite rapidly after getting in touch with them.
Contact us and we'll help you with the maintenance of all marble flooring and will provide you with expert analysis of what type of recovery may require.